Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 Starship Commander (Shamless Plug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon 5 Starship Commander (Shamless Plug)

Time to let the non-modding/ gaming world know:

Babylon 5: Starship Commander, a new capital ship simulator -similar to Taldren's Starfleet Command series, is nearing an alpha release, with an open-beta scheduled for the beginning of January

Based on AoG's B5Wars, the game will allow you to take command of from one to three ships from one of the four major races (Earth Alliance, Minbari Federation, Centuari Republic, Narn Regime) in order to take part in various scripted and general missions.

The 1st iteration will include just a single mission as part of this beta test.

This project is similar in nature to Babylon 5: Severed Dreams, and Babylon 5: I've Found Her

Forums and web site are here:
    Babylon 5: Starship Commander
    Balut-eating Keeper of Shadows

Project Lead/ Spring 2006

Babylon 5: Severed Dreams
    Lead Programmer/ Spring 2006

. . . Anybody else here look at that post (web sites) and feel.... uhhh... stupid? Or is it just me?

. . . Kids today . . . . playing with datasets, designing graphics engines....

. . . I couldn't code my way out of a paper sack . . .
    "I think I'll pass on the tuna, thanks."

Comment

Try coding yourself *into* said paper bag...much harder, trust me!

Comment

if it ever gets released i`ll probably give it a spin.
        "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

Good work!! Looks kick A to me!!
          "Books and ideas are the most effective weapons against intolerance and ignorance."
          -- Lyndon Baines Johnson, February 11, 1964

-- "Gun's don't kill people, rappers do" The GLC

Comment

Good Luck! I'd like to see the game... I bought the Ruleset for Babylon 5 Wars, but found no one to try it with me... seems I haven't got enough friends, but who needs those suckers when you can play against the computer... I hope the game get's finished *g*

There are a *lot* of additional options with the ruleset from Agent of Gaming... are they included (special officers, different fighter classes, etc.)? And are there scenarios to play, like the given in the rulebooks?

I'd like to play a scenario in or around the Narn/Centauri War 8-)

PeAcE
            greetings from austria, best known for its history and fine wine... feels like a wine cellar on a graveyard 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberkada
              Babylon 5: Starship Commander, a new capital ship simulator -similar to Taldren's Starfleet Command series, is nearing an alpha release, with an open-beta scheduled for the beginning of January

Based on AoG's B5Wars, the game will allow you to take command of from one to three ships from one of the four major races (Earth Alliance, Minbari Federation, Centuari Republic, Narn Regime) in order to take part in various scripted and general missions.

The 1st iteration will include just a single mission as part of this beta test.
              Huh. I am about half way through coding the basics of the same thing (minus graphics) in c#. Doing it just to learn the language, as I'll be using it soon at work.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryPilot
                Huh. I am about half way through coding the basics of the same thing (minus graphics) in c#. Doing it just to learn the language, as I'll be using it soon at work.
                i hate AI programming.

I will probably be doing the Dilgar War first, as it really hasnt been done in any form yet (ok, the ships were seen in DamoclesX's great B5 Starshatter mod) I now have better 2d and 3d graphics artists (me doing most of it previously, hence, "programmer graphics"

No, i'm not derek smart (ducks)
                Balut-eating Keeper of Shadows

Project Lead/ Spring 2006

Babylon 5: Severed Dreams
                Lead Programmer/ Spring 2006

Comment

... I was checking out your site a few days ago, after you first posted (Cyberkada)...

... You've got some great art Awesome stuff. Love the Star Furies.

... Best of luck with it and keep us informed.

... Cheers
                  "I think I'll pass on the tuna, thanks."

Comment

Working...
                  X