→ Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nacho
    Anyway, the guy who sang the song .. he was the same guy from the "Good 'Ol Boys" band that was going to beat the huey out of Jake and Ellwood, the Blue Brothers, with a baseball bat.
    Haha! That's right! I never made the conscious association before, but it's him!

... I just have "a thing" with hippies, I guess. They irritate me.
    "I think I'll pass on the tuna, thanks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra
      Haha! That's right! I never made the conscious association before, but it's him!

... I just have "a thing" with hippies, I guess. They irritate me.
      My mother in law is an old hippie. She loves me to pieces. My parents were/are neo-cons, and they can't stand me, think I am too rebellious. Go figure.
      "Ivanova is God!"

Comment

My gawd. That "Visarona (spelling) on the Rocks" commercial they have on TV is about the stupiest commercial I have seen. It's the one with the (I guess) good looking bartender and the good looking woman and she orders Visarona on the rocks and drinks it and puts the glass down and the bartender goes to pick the **empty** glass up but she stops him by "PUTTING HER HAND ACROSS HIS" and then getting eye-contact with him shakes her head and then proceeds to get a whole great big ice-cube out of the glass and seductively putting it her mouth.

That's the one. LOL. I crenge when I see i!

Comment

The 2 stupidest commercials are: That Domino's Pizza commercial where the dude is doing the Monday Night Football theme, and that Nissan Pathfinder commercial where the dude is telling about his cross-country adventure.

Most. Annoying. Commercials. Ever.
          RIP Coach Larry Finch
          Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
          Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

WillieStealAndHow,

Dang. I guess I haven't seen those .. hum a few more bars for us will you?

The only Dominos commercial I can think of as being putrid is the one where the dominos guy is answering the phone with his headset, and the person on the phone wants something different for everybody and the dominos guy says "that's OK, we have our 3 for $5" deal, and then the person on the phone must say "I love you" cause the dominoes guy say sheepishly "I love you too".

Bleeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

I think I watch too much football, which is a good thing, to where I hate a certain commercial, which is a bad thing.

The commercial is for Dominos' Steak Fanatic pizza. The guy is on the phone, literally bouncing all over the room and doing the Monday Night Football theme, badly. "DUH-DUH-DUH-DUH!!!!! DUH-DUH-DUH DAH-DUH!!!" You will literally want to put your head through your television if you can't find the Mute Button.
              RIP Coach Larry Finch
              Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
              Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know which one you're talking about now.

Dominoes does have some baaaadddd commercials.

That one .. and it's about the steak pizza too .. where there are two guys watching TV, on the shopping channel for "figurines" and the guy goes to the door to get the pizzas and is all google-eyed over them, and the other guy hollers out "hurry up .. there's only 20(??) figurines left!! and the guy at the door getting the pizza hollers back "They're not figurines. they're STATUES!".

That steak pizza looks pretty good though. Never ordered one yet cause they still cost too much.

Good commercials ...

They used to show this quite a bit on SciFi channel, or another cable channel. It was for Office Max or Office Depot, or something like that. It was the "Rubber Band Man". It was in the same frame of mind as the old movie "Car Wash" (blues), with a black guy with an affro dancing around .. he was an office "have what you need/mail person/supply" kinda guy and always had right in hand what the people in the office needed, right as they needed it. He walked his cart around with a Rubber Band ball on the front of it. It was a neat commercial, but I don't suspect everybody would have thought the same way .. I bet they got a lot flack putting that commercial out. But it was funny.

Comment

... HEY HEY! JAN!!! These guys are off topic!! Slap em' down for me will ya?!

... It should read:

Originally posted by Nacho
                  WillieStealAndHow,

Dang. I guess I haven't seen those .. hum a few more bars for us will you?

The only Dominos commercial I can think of as being putrid is the one where the dominos guy is answering the phone with his headset, and the person on the phone wants something different for everybody and the dominos guy says "that's OK, we have our 3 for $5" deal, and then the person on the phone must say "I love you" cause the dominoes guy say sheepishly "I love you too".

Bleeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh!
                  ... And G'Kar kicks ass.

... or something like that.

Comment

About the Scripts

... Random comments on the B5 script thing . . . .

... I've been doing some research into CafePress, just out of curiosity mind you. It is a place to "self-publish" books, or to sell just about anything else (surely this isn't news to anyone). Maybe I should publish my novel, "Attack of the Extraterrestrial Ring-Tailed Lemurs from Gamma 900". . . (allies of the Shadows, less known than most) ... They print on demand and ship worldwide, and send you checks every month for your profits . . . (wonder what their % amounts to). Oh, the wonders of the modern world . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra
                      ... Random comments on the B5 script thing . . . .

... I've been doing some research into CafePress, just out of curiosity mind you. It is a place to "self-publish" books, or to sell just about anything else (surely this isn't news to anyone). Maybe I should publish my novel, "Attack of the Extraterrestrial Ring-Tailed Lemurs from Gamma 900". . . (allies of the Shadows, less known than most) ... They print on demand and ship worldwide, and send you checks every month for your profits . . . (wonder what their % amounts to). Oh, the wonders of the modern world . . .
                      Also check how much they charge to put a book on their lists.

Retyping and type setting is unlikely to be free.

This must be a first for them, a vanity publication that becomes a best seller.
                      Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
                        Also check how much they charge to put a book on their lists.

Retyping and type setting is unlikely to be free.
                        If you read their site, you'll see that they expect you to provide the copy exactly as you want it printed. They don't typeset, they copy. The base charges are based on the binding and number of pages. For instance, a 100 page book with 'perfect' binding (the kind the script books have) has a base price of $10.

Jan
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Back on topic...

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
                          Was it really prejudice against telepaths, or prejudice against outsiders.
                          Originally posted by Jan
                          I thought of that because Susan did have difficulty-accepting Marcus, too. The rest simply accepted him as a Ranger on Delenn's word, though. Maybe if Lyta hadn't just disappeared after each 'use', maybe she'd have been accepted, too. Hard to tell.

Jan
                          I have often thought sympathy and shared experiences got Marcus included in the group.

As for my thoughts on lyta? I can understand them for not including in the war council during the Shadow War, but the decent thing the group could have done for her was to help her out when the Vorlons left for the rim. It was sad to see her humbled when everyone got what they wanted and she was given the cold shoulder. To me it was just sad and I was not surprised when she lashed out.

As for Zack, Zack AllenÆs place couldnÆt have been any better than GaribaldiÆs place during his position as head of security, but of course garibaldi had the luxury of being head of security when things were going bad and became part of the group by defaultà It just seemed Zack felt he was like Johnny come lately, and by default stayed behind the scenes while the group plotted the stations happening. Maybe thatÆs why Lyta and Zack could have hit it off, and why Zack Allen suffered from this prejudice too.

Originally posted by Night Marshal
                          Hmm to me there are two reasons that the Telepath Storyline doesn't work as well as it could. The first is length.

The other thing that changed was that Claudia Christian left the show.

Originally posted by cornholio1980
                          I totally agree with your analysis (actually, I still think that the not-so-good S5 is due rather to Claudia Christians departure than the ending of the earth civil war in S4 - it just would have been much more interesting and dramatic with her in command of B5, when she finally wouldn't have had a choice and would have called in the Psi Cops to get Byron (her new lover, I suppose).

It wasnÆt possible to have the Telepath War during the last season of Babylon 5, but the Byron/blips down below storyline should have included less of Byron and more of the rebellious nature rising from the telepaths leading to more of the planning and Besters original comment:

Originally posted by Collected Quotations
                          "You know the real reason you don't like me, Commander? It's the jealousy of evolution. Normals like you are obsolete. The future belongs to telepaths à and I intend to make sure that future happens. One way or another."
                          "But we can't be on top if the aliens get there first and some of them have. Through Clarke they infiltrated the Psi-Corp. And apparently they have their own plans for my telepaths. Whoever these aliens are, they are interfering with my plans for the future. I won't have it! And so, I need someone who feels the same way I do. .. Which brings me to you. You'd like to hurt them, Commander? Because I think I know how, if you are up for it.
                          Bester to Ivanova, Ship of Tears
                          It would not have needed Claudia ChristianÆs participation as we assumed was needed and it would have lead closer to the Telepath War for a future mini-series or book.

Note: I have not read the books, but It would have been my greatest dream to have Talia Winters and Lyta Alexander square off during the Telepath War, but of course it wont happen, wishful thinking for now.
                          "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                            The only problem I have with Zack being noble pertaining to Lyta is that we already know that Lennier was there, too. I just think that's stretching credibility somewhat.
                            Assuming that the "Noble Thing" had to do with Lyta's death, and not something else prior to that.

In fact, maybe Lennier had to do the Kamikaze thing because Zack was out of action for something heroic leading up to the final denouement and couldn't get her out with his security access...

Purest speculation, of course.
                            I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

We need more seasons...

Bloody TV-execs. I truly hate their petty narrowminded points of view. If you can call their 'thoughts' views...

Sorry, had to get it off my chest.
                              "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

Originally posted by Towelmaster
                                We need more seasons...

Bloody TV-execs. I truly hate their petty narrowminded points of view. If you can call their 'thoughts' views...

Sorry, had to get it off my chest.
                                Actually, I think the execs wanted more seasons, but JMS planned it as a five year arc and was unwilling to do more B5 seasons. Now, movies, spin offs, etc. Those JMS has indicated a willingness to do.
                                "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Working...
                                X