X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
    On TV I yesterday incidentally stumbled upon a Twisted Sister rock-clip and was really surprised to see Stephen Furst as a school principal.
    (Later on memories of this cameo came back)

So, here is the youtube: Twisted Sister "I wanna rock" (1984). Enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwrg0db_zY
    Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    On TV I yesterday incidentally stumbled upon a Twisted Sister rock-clip and was really surprised to see Stephen Furst as a school principal.
    (Later on memories of this cameo came back)

So, here is the youtube: Twisted Sister "I wanna rock" (1984). Enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwrg0db_zY

B5-Stefan

--
    Elric: "You don't frighten easily."
    Vir: "I work for Ambassador Mollari. After a while nothing bothers you."
    [Babylon5, The Geometry of Shadows]
    Last edited by B5-Stefan; 06-06-2019, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    Not so much an actor or Guest star sighting but....
    In the latest Dc show "doom patrol" upon the opening narration by our main bad guy, played by the sean bean level of death like Alan Tudyk, he announces his character name as....
    Mr Morden

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post

I'm sorry. ......

Are you going to watch the 2018 remake with Bruce Willis, DEATH WISH?

I will admit the original is dark and VERY disturbing, but not a bad movie. I can't say the same is true about the sequels. I mean they are what they are, violence vigilante pulp. I wouldn't say they are Bronson's best work by any stretch.
    I think my friend has already seen the 2018 Death Wish remake. I haven't seen it, but that's fine with me, because the trailer didn't impress me.

Prior to our marathon, I had only seen DW 1, and he had only seen DW 1 and DW 3. So DW 2 and 4-5 were new to both of us.

However, I was able to quote DW3 before I even saw it, due to my familiarity with the following song, which opens with audio from the movie:

As for our next movie selection, it may be Nowhere to Hide (1987 film). We haven't seen it in decades, and neither one of us remembered the title, only that we liked it. But when he described it, I remembered enough about the cast to find it on Wikipedia.
    Last edited by alpha128; 06-03-2019, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
    A friend and I did a marathon of the original Death Wish (film series) over the last two weekends. [/URL]".
    I'm sorry. ......

Are you going to watch the 2018 remake with Bruce Willis, DEATH WISH?

I will admit the original is dark and VERY disturbing, but not a bad movie. I can't say the same is true about the sequels. I mean they are what they are, violence vigilante pulp. I wouldn't say they are Bronson's best work by any stretch.

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    A friend and I did a marathon of the original Death Wish (film series) over the last two weekends. When we got to Death Wish 4: The Crackdown, I recognized the actress who played the daughter of Bronson's love interest, but at first couldn't place her. When the credits rolled I saw her name and realized she was on Babylon 5. The actress was Dana Barron, who went on to play Bester's trainee Lauren in "The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father".
    Last edited by alpha128; 06-03-2019, 05:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    So finally, finally we got a Crusade sequel.

(I do remark very officially: this is not a political correct statement. )

B5-Stefan

--
    Dukhat: "I'm not saying anything. I didn't say anything then, and I'm not saying anything now."
    [Babylon5, In the Beginning]

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Yeah it has been a little modified, but if you watch the episode you can tell that even the material looks the same.

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Hum...
    There are real differences (not only the lack of an earthforce badge).

new uniform

B5-Stefan

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    This has nothing to do with an actor, but check out this uniform that appeared in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night. Sorry the capture isn't better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Crusade Uniform in Agents of Shield.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	152407

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Yes it was OBVIOUSLY him. LOL

I do admit that Fleck was more obvious. And keeping with that theme, I recently revisited WATERWORLD (1995). Fleck has a supporting role as does Jack Kehler, Mr. Chase from COMES THE INQUISITOR - 2.21.

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    I don't think Robin naturally has a British accent. The times I've seen him at cons, he didn't. What he is, is proficient at voices and accents which is why he does a lot of voice acting.
    I remember his voice was the same for both the characters he played in B5. I see IMDB has updated his Actor Filmography to include Krill officer in the Orville episode "Blood of Patriots." So that was indeed him in the two above pictures in my earlier posts.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    So mor an actor as such, but definitely a star of B5. In the first 10 episodes of agents of S.H.I.E.L.D they're in a future dystopia. They return to contemporary times but bring along a stowaway. This guy has never tasted beer, so he orders some, decides he hates the taste and says "do you have something like that, but delicious?" And hes handed a bottle of...
    Zima. Proceeds to get , as they say, rat arsed and its efen mentioned by name later.
    zima, turning up in sci fi shows for 200 years

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I don't think Robin naturally has a British accent. The times I've seen him at cons, he didn't. What he is, is proficient at voices and accents which is why he does a lot of voice acting.

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Two of the Krill in the episode had speaking parts. The Robin Atkin Downes Krill spoke in vocal fry, to hide his British accent. The other Krill (the Ambassador) didn't change his voice and I could tell it was John Fleck, who also played Silik, in Star Trek: Enterprise.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D1FtwAuUYAEoyq5.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	151167

Leave a comment:

Working...
X