No announcement yet.

B5 Actor and Guest Star Sightings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was watching "Medieval Times - The Making of Army of Darkness" on YouTube and discovered it includes several minutes of interview footage with Pat Tallman. Pat did stunt work on the film. She also played the part of the witch (under heavy makeup).
    Last edited by alpha128; 02-14-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
      I was watching "Medieval Times - The Making of Army of Darkness" on YouTube and discovered it includes several minutes of interview footage with Pat Tallman. Pat did stunt work on the film. She also played the part of the witch (under heavy makeup).
      Thanks for the link. I have never seen the making of

Comment

• Originally posted by Satai with Punsch View Post

Thanks for the link. I have never seen the making of
        You're welcome. Pat Tallman is actually in the documentary quite a lot, and clearly enjoys talking about her participation in the film - despite all the physical challenges it put her through!

Comment

• The witch in the pit scene:

It's a trick, get an axe:

Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store:

If you get the message "Video Unavailable" try right clicking and opening in a new tab.
          Last edited by Kraig; 02-16-2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kraig View Post
            The witch in the pit scene:

It's a trick, get an axe:

Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store:
            The witch in the middle clip, "It's a trick, get an axe", is definitely Patricia Tallman, who was credited in the film as Possessed Witch. The shooting of that scene is extensively discussed by Pat in the documentary.

I'm not sure if Pat played the other two witches. The documentary notes that the grotesque second witch in the pit AKA the Pit Bitch was played by special effects man Billy Bryan.

Comment

• The first pic from your link to possessed witch on IMDB is the possessed witch in Smart at the end of the movie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BNTNlZGZlODctMGY2NC00ZmJkLThkODctMzIyOWQyY2YwODcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	150850

Note the 20th century items on the shelves in the background.

Comment

The first pic from your link to possessed witch on IMDB is the possessed witch in Smart at the end of the movie.

Name:	MV5BNTNlZGZlODctMGY2NC00ZmJkLThkODctMzIyOWQyY2YwODcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	150850

Note the 20th century items on the shelves in the background.
                Pat Tallman could have played two of the witches or all three. But in the documentary she only talks about the middle scene, appropriately set in the Middle Ages.

Comment

• Robin Atkin Downes was listed in the opening credits of The Orville episode Blood of Patriots. I think he was playing
                  the Krill pictured below.

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-03-01-10h44m43s264-720x405.png
Views:	85
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	151140

Comment

Robin Atkin Downes was listed in the opening credits of The Orville episode Blood of Patriots. I think he was playing
                    the Krill pictured below.
                    Good catch!

He has done quite a few prosthetic roles I think. He is in the Buffy episode Reptile Boy (2:5) as Machida a huge man-snake-demon-thing. But he is not alone guest staring in Buffy, N'Grath guest stared in Teacher's Pet (1:4) as the substitute teacher Natalie French. Do we know of any other B5 actors appearing in Buffy or the other way around?

Oh, I just remembered Robin Sachs who plays the great villain Ethan Rayne in Buffy plays several characters in B5. He plays Hedroon in Points of Departure and All Alone in the Night, Warleader Na'kal in The Fall of Night and Walkabout, and Na'Tok in Movements of Fire and Shadow and The Fall of Centauri Prime. He was also, along Morgan Sheppard, one of those actors with a great and distinct voice.

Comment

• Two of the Krill in the episode had speaking parts. The Robin Atkin Downes Krill spoke in vocal fry, to hide his British accent. The other Krill (the Ambassador) didn't change his voice and I could tell it was John Fleck, who also played Silik, in Star Trek: Enterprise.

Name:	D1FtwAuUYAEoyq5.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	151167

Comment

• I don't think Robin naturally has a British accent. The times I've seen him at cons, he didn't. What he is, is proficient at voices and accents which is why he does a lot of voice acting.
                        "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

• So mor an actor as such, but definitely a star of B5. In the first 10 episodes of agents of S.H.I.E.L.D they're in a future dystopia. They return to contemporary times but bring along a stowaway. This guy has never tasted beer, so he orders some, decides he hates the taste and says "do you have something like that, but delicious?" And hes handed a bottle of...
                          Zima. Proceeds to get , as they say, rat arsed and its efen mentioned by name later.
                          zima, turning up in sci fi shows for 200 years
                          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                            I don't think Robin naturally has a British accent. The times I've seen him at cons, he didn't. What he is, is proficient at voices and accents which is why he does a lot of voice acting.
                            I remember his voice was the same for both the characters he played in B5. I see IMDB has updated his Actor Filmography to include Krill officer in the Orville episode "Blood of Patriots." So that was indeed him in the two above pictures in my earlier posts.

Comment

• Yes it was OBVIOUSLY him. LOL

I do admit that Fleck was more obvious. And keeping with that theme, I recently revisited WATERWORLD (1995). Fleck has a supporting role as does Jack Kehler, Mr. Chase from COMES THE INQUISITOR - 2.21.
                              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

• This has nothing to do with an actor, but check out this uniform that appeared in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night. Sorry the capture isn't better.

Name:	Capture Crusade Uniform in Agents of Shield.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	152407
                                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Working...
                                X