No announcement yet.

B5 Actor and Guest Star Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, then we will give you, Geoff Johns for the weekend to even out the Neil Gaiman mess. That should be good enough.

Comment

• Right, the offer is.....

One Tom Baker for a weekend ONLY, One Colin Baker for a weekend ONLY, and Bonnie Langford for a whole week

For Stan 'The Man' Lee for just two (count'em...two) days.

And that's my final offer!

But not Karen Gillan, she stay put!!!!
      http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
      Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
      47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

• Change out Colin and Bonnie for David Tennant or Matt Smith and Catherine Tate and you have a deal. The only past Doctor Americans know or care about is Baker.

Comment

• I know it is old news, but it was nice to turn on a repeat of NCIS and unexpectedly find Mira Furlan turning up. Episode was South by Southwest.
          The Optimist: The glass is half full
          The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
          The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

• So, I just came back from MegaCon and it was just ok from a B5 stand point. Apperantly, B5 caused some messes actually Bruce's cancellation caused a giant mess. Due to him canceling late, it caused a massive change to the professional photos for the entire weekend. It lead to mass confusion, long lines and angry people. While, you can't blame Bruce for all of it, there were a lot of resetment towards him for the cancelation from the fans, the photo group and even the Megacon employees. I did meet Mira twice, once for autographs and another for the photo shoot. She was a bit cold at the autograph table when I tried to talk to her. It also didn't help that her advisors had me confused on the items I wanted her to sign which lead to both my items being signed at the wrong places. At the photo shoot, it was at the end of the day and after being on my feet for about 8 hours, I was beat. I apologized for my disheveled look and she laughed and said it was ok. The photo came out nice, so not a total loss. I skipped Robin Curtis due to Mira wanting $25 a pop for her autograph.

The rest of the con was pretty awesome even with the long photo lines and a fight almost breaking out in the Stan Lee one. Everyone else was awesome. The TNG cast was awesome with everyone and ended up keeping everyone's mood up during their own photo problems. The Con oversold the event on Saturday due to the point, the fire marshalls were up their butts all weekend. On a lark, we went again on Sunday and it was nice and calm as oppossed to Saturday's mass of humanity. Shatner in rare form popped in for a surpise signing on Sunday for 45 minutes. Doug Jones was a sweetheart to my wife and Stan Lee was God like. Stan showed up on Thursday and did random signing with people at the convention. I don't know if I would recommend this convention again or Froggy Photos, but I would advise staying away on Saturdays and go on Friday or Sunday.

Comment

• In general, the actors have somebody managing their personal appearances. For instance, Julie Caitlyn Brown manages quite a number of actors...or did, at least. I know she had some of her people at last year's New York Comic-Con. If anybody, that's who should be blamed for a late cancellation.

I don't think I'll ever do MegaCon again on a Saturday - it's such complete gridlock! Friday or Sunday's definitely the time to go. Sorry I wasn't able to come this year, lotjx. It might've been nice to meet for a cup of coffee or something. Maybe next time.

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• I won't be doing Megacon for awhile. It was a very expansive vacation. While, it could very well be the manager's fault for double booking Bruce that weekend, Bruce is the one who is going to get blamed for it. I also think it cancled Cindy Morgan from Tron and Caddyshack to cancel as well. It was nice to see Mira and the photo situation made up for the rather icy autograph reception. I still think if Bruce was going to no-show, his manager should have given them more of heads up since he was billed as the third big star behind Stan and Shatner even ahead of James Marsters and the Next Gen cast in the MegaCon book as well as being in TV commericals.

Comment

• Maybe...? Mira was suffering some 'Bruce anger' overspill which could have accounted for her initial coolness?
                  http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                  Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                  47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

• Agreed that Bruce or his agent should have given as much notice as possible but we also don't really know when he cancelled. While I've never heard anything bad about Megacon, it's not uncommon for cons to keep headliners in their advertising long after the actual cancellation.

Originally posted by DGTWoodward View Post
                    Maybe...? Mira was suffering some 'Bruce anger' overspill which could have accounted for her initial coolness?
                    I've seen Mira at a few cons and she often comes over as reserved. She's very, very nice when she warms up, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if many fans who've followed JMS on Facebook (and here, perhaps) weren't asking her all weekend if she knew anything about any upcoming B5 projects.

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• I thought about asking her, but I got the idea she didn't want to be bothered. To be honest there wasn't many people at her table. Bad move putting her between the Next Gen table and the Smallville table of Pa Kent and Brianiac. If Bruce was there, I am sure she would have gotten more attention. If I felt bad for anyone at the Con, it was her since a lot of people were getting refunds for the photos with her and Bruce. I choose to take a photo with her and the wife got Doug Jones who was the exact opposite of Mira, hugging everyone who came by. I kinda put in on Bruce's team since he did attend another Con two weeks ago and the fact that Froggy Photos was totally confused on their own schedule due to absence.

Comment

• To be honest there wasn't many people at her table.
                        Busy table.
                        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
                          That reminds me of my first visit to Dragon*Con. The autograph room was in this tiny section of the dealer's room, and it was terribly arranged, a giant mess. It takes hours to walk around this little room, because of the combination of traffic and the way it was arranged.

During the entire time I was there (perhaps 3 hours?) in the various lines, one gentleman was there, Lorenzo Lamos, had not one person show up. No one even stopped by to say "hello." I almost felt bad for him. Them I remembered what a jerk he was on that "beautiful people" reality show, using a laser pointer to point out flaws on perfectly gorgeous people, and thought "ha!"
                          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• That reminds me of my first visit to Dragon*Con. The autograph room was in this tiny section of the dealer's room, and it was terribly arranged, a giant mess.
                            Not-so-fondly referred to as "the Walk of Shame."

Comment

• W. Morgan Sheppard spotted...

W. Morgan Sheppard (Warleader G'Sten, and the Soul Hunter) is in the first episode of the new season of Doctor Who!

Comment

• Claudia Christian is going to be at Wizard World Philadelphia from June 17-19.
                                Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Working...
                                X