Babylon 5. Cafe Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grumbler / Michael Malloy.

Thanks for your binding suggestions .. Though, I took the easy & cheap way out. I removed the pages from the binding (real easy), trimmed about 3/16" off the bound edge of the page by way of a paper cutter, punched them with a 3 hole punch, then put it into a cheap 3-ring loose leaf binder notebook. Couldn't find a notebook to match that particular paper size, but it did barely fit in a standard notebook for 8 1/2" by 11" paper. I then trimmed down the cover pages and put them into an 8 1/2" by 11" 3-hole sheet protector.

It's very functional and easy to use now, and I think better than a bound book. I'm glad I did it and I plan to do the same for each of the other volumes.

Comment

Does anyone else have trouble logging into CafePress?

The thing requires my password (I really HATE passwords!). I tried to use the "easy" system to retrieve my password, but it does...NOTHING. I've written to them several times about it. It makes me wonder if they actually PAID somebody to set up the web site. They should ask for a refund.

Volume 1 is exactly what I hoped it would be. I am excited about receiving volume 2.

It hadn't sunk in to me before, but these are not the complete Babylon 5 scripts. These are the JMS scripts for Babylon 5 alone. What an amazing collection of work!

Did anybody see Zack on "Entertainment Tonight?" The story was so sensationalized it was nearly impossible to understand what was going on. He was seen aparently losing his temper on some sort of "reality TV" show. I say cut the guy some slack!
      Michael Malloy

Never forget:

Moscow; Beslan 2004
      Kosovo: 1999, 2004
      New York City: September 11, 2001
      Smyrna: September 9, 1922

http://www.hri.org/docs/Horton/hb-title.html
      Armenian Genocide in Turkey: 1915-1917
      http://www.armenian-genocide.org/

Comment

Volume #1 on the way. Volume #2 ordered
        Balut-eating Keeper of Shadows

Babylon 5: Starship Commander
        Project Lead/ Spring 2006

Babylon 5: Severed Dreams
        Lead Programmer/ Spring 2006

Comment

Originally posted by The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra
          Knew a guy, many years ago who wrote his 'Great Fantasy Novel' and had hundreds (literally) of his book published. (a bit different system from CafePress, but same basic idea). Poor sap. Last I heard, they're still in big cardboard boxes in his basement.
          <OldJokeMode>
          1st man: I once wrote a million seller.
          2nd man: Really?
          1st man: Yah, I've got a million in my cellar.

<rim shot>

</oldJokeMode>
          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra
            ... CafePress is POD - Publish On Demand. Sometimes called 'Vanity Publishng',
            Without wanting to be too picky, POD is nothing like the same as Vanity Publishing ... which is, to all intents and purposes, a scam.

POD, like paying a printer yourself to produce books provides you with a means to get your book out there. In the case of POD, however, the system is much better because it doesn't actually cost you anything (unless you buy one for yourself).

Vanity Publishing, on the other hand, is a term generally given to scam publishers who promise you that they will turn your book into a huge hit, big seller, etc. etc. and all you have to do is pony up some dough and guarantee to sell a certain number of copies yourself. Needless to say in the vast majority of cases, the poor author is left with a huge hole in their bank balance and a massive stock of unsold copies of their "huge hit".
            The Optimist: The glass is half full
            The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
            The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Working...
            X