Babylon 5. Cafe Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon 5. Cafe Press

Does any one know what's going on with Cafe Press ? their web site has been down for days now. I trust all is well with our script orders. I should hate to think they've taken our money & folded the company

I see them down for maintenance often at night but generally can access them during the day just fine. They've been around for a while. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I'm left wondering a bit

Received an e-mail last week saying my order was released for printing and shipping but I haven't heard anything since.
      So, I'm a bit confused.
      No mail that says my copy has been shipped and how it can be tracked.
      Hope all is well though.
      Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
      John Sheridan

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonk
        Received an e-mail last week saying my order was released for printing and shipping but I haven't heard anything since.
        So, I'm a bit confused.
        Hope all is well though.
        For those who keep getting "site down for maintenance" messages, reload your browser as the site is now up.

Follow the "sign in" link (upper right corner) and give your email address and password. You can than check up on the status of your order.

Comment

Still in PRODUCTION

I ordered on November, 1st
          I followed your suggestion and the order status still says: PRODUCTION. (dated: 3.11.2005)
          How much longer will that take?
          Sent a mail yesterday - no reply yet.
          Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
          John Sheridan

Comment

Tracking only works for US orders (atleast thats what i read from Cafe Press shipping rates page).

Comment

I ordered on November, 1st
              I followed your suggestion and the order status still says: PRODUCTION. (dated: 3.11.2005)
              How much longer will that take?
              Sent a mail yesterday - no reply yet.
              When I talked to them yesterday they said that they expected to have all the orders on Friday the 11th.

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                When I talked to them yesterday they said that they expected to have all the orders on Friday the 11th.
                Thanks, Jan, for the news . I have been able to access the site but only got 'Production' as a status. If it takes them two weeks to process B5 each time, perhaps the extra time between orders really is needed. (per JMS)

Still wondering 'how many'?
                John Brittain
                2blueshoes.com for free blues downloads

Comment

Heh yall .. check out your packing slip from CafeExpress. Mine has a $5 off ticket for my next order over $40. It expires 11/30/2005, and is one of those "Promotion Codes" that you just enter on the website when you order something. Maybe they just send it to people that make their first orders from there (as this is my first order from them). It will work for me as I will order 2 sets of the books. It won't help for ordering just 1 book, unless there is something else on their site that you want to get at the same time to get it to $40.

Anyway .. you might be able to use it. And I'd bet anybody here could use the same code. I won't post the code here for everybody else to use unless it's OK with the admin/mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho
                    Anyway .. you might be able to use it. And I'd bet anybody here could use the same code. I won't post the code here for everybody else to use unless it's OK with the admin/mods.
                    If that sort of information could be shared via PM, I'd prefer it. Thanks for checking. Also, remember that we don't know when the second book will become available. Let's hope that the coupon will still be valid.

Jan

Comment

Let's hope that the coupon will still be valid.
                      Yeah exactly, hope the 2nd book comes out b/4 then. I had to do a "second look" at it, cause I at first thought it said "expires 10/30/2005" as that was the order date on the invoice, and thought that'd do me a lot of good!

Comment

don't think when your package gets shipped that your out of the woods I was looking at my tracking infomation this morning as this is what I found

Nov 10, 2005
                        8:00 A.M.
                        LENEXA, KS, US
                        A LATE TRAIN CAUSED THIS DELAY

My question is when did UPS start using trains I thought they used Trucks and Planes but 'your package was delayed because of the train???

The saddest thing is this means that it will most like be next week now before I have any change of getting my book
                        thats life i guess
                        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

From what I've read, they pretty much weren't at all prepared for the number of orders they received. Hopefully they'll be more prepared for the next book.

I placed my order on October 30, and it's still listed as "Production". Makes me wonder a bit how they're deciding whose orders to send out first.

Comment

Thing I noticed when my script was shiped is that my account on CafePress changed before I got an email saying the book had been shipped.
                            "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by SLerman
                              Makes me wonder a bit how they're deciding whose orders to send out first.
                              Most shipping systems operate on a FIFO (First In First Out) principle, but there can also be a "zoned" element. Under this method, they drop all of the orders for a single zone (check out the UPS web site for what I mean) so that it will be easier for the loading dock to organize the outgoing packages by state (for example). It is much easier to collect a skid of all packages going to New York state together if you released all of those orders at the same time.

Even though you are paying for shipping, you are not typically paying the true cost of shipping (Amazon does this because they have the weight of each item in their system, but not everyone can afford to automate that). Instead you are paying a flat rate based on the category of shipping (overnight, second day, Thomas the Tank Engine, goat cart). Thus, the distributor tries to ship in the most efficient (read cheapest for them) way, which often requires that they presort the outgoing packages for the shipper. This can cause later orders go out before earlier orders simply because they were included with a bunch of early orders going to the same place.

Zeno
                              No matter where you go, you're only halfway there...

BB of Elias

Comment

Working...
                              X