• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Lope de Aguirre
    Der Zorn Gottes

• Lope de Aguirre
    replied
    I will buy "Babylon 5", "Star Trek", "Futurama", "Farscape" and other good series direct to DVD products if there would be any.

Leave a comment:

• Nacho
    Confirmed User

• Nacho
    replied
    Paying upfront money for programs that I didn't or couldn't watch free (or paid cable) TV? I'm not sure I'd do that, or complain about it later. I mean, if I did do that I'd only do it because I wanted that in a collection before it came out.

Also, first time releases? I wouldn't pay the money up front either to watch it. If the series was that good, it would be released by pay-per-view or I could pick up a singular episode at a bookstore, and decide by myself. They're still going to release it on tape/DVD on a singular basis.

If Babylon 5 came out like this now I would buy it. But it would be a decision by pre-viewing it rather than paying a lot of money for the whole lot.

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    Bending rules since 1978

• David Panzer
    replied
    I have only a few DVD's where I can't skip the ads for the studio, where they show the other titles they have on DVD.

With regard to Babylon 5, the price for each season was reasonable. $60-$75 is something I didn't complain about. Compare that to the X-Files and the Star Trek series, where it's $100 per season. I spent $100 for a 16 disc boxset of the entire "Monty Python's Flying Circus" series.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1

• Ranger1
    replied
    Originally posted by skyline5k
    Sounds like the people working on "Smallville" are getting ripped off. Or the dvd's are packed with advertisements to offset the cheap cost. Anyone find DVD's are starting to come with "Commercials" at the beginning?

Found a few here like that.
    Usualy PAL titles are like that,i didn't came across any NTSC ones.

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    Confirmed User

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Marshal
    Granted if you hold up season one of Babylon 5 next to season 1 of SmallVille you will see suprisingly few differance. But on the shelf B5 cost $80 where Smallville only cost $30. Good to know one is getting ripped off.
    That would be anybody who buys Smallville.

B5 would not be a ripoff if it were MORE expensive than Trek.

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    Confirmed User

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Originally posted by rallytbk
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Code=trektoday

The Ultimate Star Trek Collection from Amazon.com

I wonder if Paramount is just trying to get more money out of the series, before going HD-DVD or Blue-ray. Trek fans are suckers for stuff like this.
    Gods, I lust for that collection.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1

• Ranger1
    replied
    Just wait for the HD-Edition....i wont be surprised at all.

Leave a comment:

• The_One
    Confirmed User

• The_One
    replied
    Originally posted by Satai Delenn
    You know I actually think there is a Picaard's greatest episodes collection I am almost certain I have seen it for sale .
    Yep

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...655848-2750838

Leave a comment:

• Night Marshal
    Confirmed User

• Night Marshal
    replied
    It seems to be that if Star Trek wants to start moving it product again the first place to start would be by lowing the price. I Mean $140 list price for the first season of TNG thats insane. I like Star Trek but not that much. I had a roomate who liked to buy cheep Chinee knockoff half the time they didn't work but it was $10 rather than $140.

Granted if you hold up season one of Babylon 5 next to season 1 of SmallVille you will see suprisingly few differance. But on the shelf B5 cost $80 where Smallville only cost $30. Good to know one is getting ripped off.

Leave a comment:

• Satai Delenn
    Confirmed User

• Satai Delenn
    replied
    You know I actually think there is a Picaard's greatest episodes collection I am almost certain I have seen it for sale .

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    Confirmed User

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Let's put it this way: you've now put out every episode of every Star Trek series, as well as 'deluxe versions' of every Star Trek film. That's followed by a jumbo collection of all of the above for a slightly lower price. So aside from Star Trek: The Animated Series, what can you now sell? Maybe weird compendiums like Picard's Greatest Hits or The Date Collection, but if you already have every episode, why would you want them.

Seems obvious to me: the only thing to do is create new Star Trek whether it's for television or DVD. Incidentally, the same goes for Buffy, Angel, The X-Files or Babylon 5. Otherwise, slapping a new cover on the same old episodes ain't gonna do it.

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    Confirmed User

• rallytbk
    replied
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Code=trektoday

The Ultimate Star Trek Collection from Amazon.com

I wonder if Paramount is just trying to get more money out of the series, before going HD-DVD or Blue-ray. Trek fans are suckers for stuff like this.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    Ranger beyond the rim

• Laiden
    replied
    I agree. I've been buying books for more insight, but I would rather have liked to see how it would've unfolded on TV. it was left with quite a wide opening.

I too would love to see new B5 material, dont matter if its Direct to DVD or not, I'd watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Satai Delenn
    Confirmed User

• Satai Delenn
    replied
    A DS9 movie? Really? I thought the last ep pretty much summed up everything we needed to know.
    YUP a alot of fans want to know what happens to Sisko his wife ,kira etc after What you leave behind they have been trying to get Paramount to do a ds9 movie for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• jcbatz
    Confirmed User

• jcbatz
    replied
    My guess is any B5 direct to DVD thing would have good story elements. If it had production values similar to the series, even considering how long ago that was, I'd be satisfied.

A DS9 movie? Really? I thought the last ep pretty much summed up everything we needed to know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X