X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by SpooRancher
    All the way back to, and including, the Creator of the Universe him/herself.

There, once again I have blamed god for doing something!

*runs away laughing maniacally*
    So, looking at your sig, that means you really blame Ivanova, right?

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    Actually, she was no more responsible than the other members of the council who wished to retaliate. We like to talk about the "deciding vote", but that's really just a matter of timing. If she had cast hers before other members of the council, someone else would have had the deciding vote. Also, she couldn't back down later because momentum was too great. That comes from all the Minbari who wanted revenge -- not just her. She helped set it in motion, but so did Earth command, Londo, G'Kar, and a cast of millions.
    All the way back to, and including, the Creator of the Universe him/herself.

There, once again I have blamed god for doing something!

*runs away laughing maniacally*

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Harrdy
    Delenn surely is the reason for thousends Minbari and moreso Humans (who sometimes happen to have Minbary souls) got killed... that said I don't think she fully understood what she had done, but I must say she is quite happy with that weight on her shoulders, isn't she?

But there is one another who is - at least partly - responsible. Londo... as he didn't give humans the information about the Minbary (e.g. their protocol regarding open gunports). And of course the Vorlons, but they are a quite different thought altogether *g*
    Actually, she was no more responsible than the other members of the council who wished to retaliate. We like to talk about the "deciding vote", but that's really just a matter of timing. If she had cast hers before other members of the council, someone else would have had the deciding vote. Also, she couldn't back down later because momentum was too great. That comes from all the Minbari who wanted revenge -- not just her. She helped set it in motion, but so did Earth command, Londo, G'Kar, and a cast of millions.

Leave a comment:

• Harrdy
    replied
    Delenn surely is the reason for thousends Minbari and moreso Humans (who sometimes happen to have Minbary souls) got killed... that said I don't think she fully understood what she had done, but I must say she is quite happy with that weight on her shoulders, isn't she?

But there is one another who is - at least partly - responsible. Londo... as he didn't give humans the information about the Minbary (e.g. their protocol regarding open gunports). And of course the Vorlons, but they are a quite different thought altogether *g*

Regarding the Lennier/Delenn thing I must say I can understand that Lennier was driven mad. I cannot understand why Delenn still kept him that near, after she knew his feelings. It's quite irresponsible, I think... The right think to do was Lennier going away, and Delenn didn't want him to leave!

PeAcE

Leave a comment:

• The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra
    replied
    ... I like Comic Sans... What's more important, I care not one whit what others think of me liking it.

... Back on topic... I never even considered how Delenn emotionally abused Lenier, to create a servant ready to lay his life down for her... giving him nothing, really, in return.

... And the transformation after the chryssalis (sp), the hair... building bridges between human and Minbari...? Or driving hooks into the Human captain's heart and... and, well his testicles. (Minbari love magic maybe)

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Ugh, there's very little in web design that I hate more than that standard FrontPage repeating background. Except maybe...waving flags!

Leave a comment:

• Towelmaster
    replied
    webpagesthatsuck.com!!! WOW! Blast from the past! Lemmehavealook...

Is this a website that sucks or what? http://www.northbridgepolice.com/
    Last edited by Towelmaster; 11-09-2005, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    BTW; Comic Sans MS??? Are we back in 1999 or something?
    Towelmaster, this really made me laugh. It reminds me of when I used to regularly read webpagesthatsuck.com, the design professionals' site, and they'd talk about rotating rainbow divider bars and black backgrounds as being "very 90s".

On topic, sure, I think Delenn was flawed, but I also don't think that she was presented to us as anything else. That some chose to see her as a saint, or some kind of icon of perfection, and were thus disappointed by some of her actions and choices, is more a reflection on the interpretation of those particular viewers than on the character, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Towelmaster
    replied
    Nah, she was just as devious as the rest. She just knew how to cover it up a bit better than most...

@Amy G : "B5 iz like a box uv chocelates, you never know what you gonna git".

- edit - BTW; Comic Sans MS??? Are we back in 1999 or something?

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Oh, that's very dishonest of you...
    Bringing out such criticisms of Delenn, why! the humanity!.
    Such nitpicking while forgetting her very worst behavior!

She manipulated that poor innocent Lennier to fall in love with her, and then told Sheridan that she knew Lennier had feelings for her but didn't know they were so intense!
    "Sorry honey, I never imagined that Lennier might try to leave you for dead and open the door for me to become the President of the Insterstellar Alliance."

That she had grown hair does not make this anything other than the bald faced lie it was!

She obviously flirted with Lennier to keep him as a faithful servant!

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    Delenn is as honorable as the next human . . . considering we spoiled their gene pool I can truly say that she's "only human"

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Originally posted by The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra

... Then there is her "cultural superiority". As if, "Oh my, well you cannot possibly begin to understand our ways". Though never said as such, her manner clearly shows that this is her belief concerning most other races.
    Uh? Never mind. lol

Originally posted by The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra
    ... Final comments...

... Season 3, when EarthForce ships have come to do battle with B5, civil war, B5 had beaten off the first wave, then another shows up. Sheridan knows they're all about to die... then a flight of Minbari war cruisers show up . . .
    ... Delenn: "Only one Earth captain has survived engaments with the Minbari fleet. HE is behind me. YOU are in front of me.." (great line).
    ... It's just that FACE... Her face saying those words... It just didn't seem right. I can't take it seriously. Granted, the Earth ships hauled ass, but I doubt it was Delenn's "fearsome expression" that motivated them.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Yes, it is that faceà My daughter and I always laugh when she criesà Hate to say it, but her expression while crying is funny.

Leave a comment:

• Satai Delenn
    replied
    Art is a very subjective thing, so you might instead say that you didn't find the quote memorable in any way. Clearly, if a large number of people watched that episode and found the quote memorable, something memorable was effectively communicated.

I thought I put that in my post. That I didn't care for it wasn't memorable and was NOT communicated as being even worth remembering .If everyone thought the same thing whether it be a quote from a tv show or whatever this place would be stale.We'd look like a bunch of robots all agreeing on the same thing .The fact that I didn't makes me different from the norm.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Originally posted by Satai Delenn
    You know when I first saw the episode where this quote came from I still can't believe people actually like this quote and is for many there favorite of the entire series but for me it was a big YAWN and boring it certainly was not memorable in any way.
    Art is a very subjective thing, so you might instead say that you didn't find the quote memorable in any way. Clearly, if a large number of people watched that episode and found the quote memorable, something memorable was effectively communicated.

I saw nothing of value in the film "Forrest Gump," but while I might say many things about its quality, even I can't deny the fact that many, many people were moved by it. Chacun Ó son go¹t, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• jahkneebee
    replied
    JMS always promised us humanly flawed aliens....boy did he deliver!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X