Favorite Character 'Looks'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Character 'Looks'

Well im going through the B5 seasons again and was wondering if anyone here had favorite character looks. Im not talking about clothes and the like. Im talking more like facial expressions or body language that seem to sum up that character. Mine, for example, would be at the end of Season 4s ENDGAME, after clark has turned the orbital guns towards earth and all the ships come in to destroy them. The look thing comes in when sheridan and the agamemnon are hurt, weapons are down and their right by a gun platform thats about to fire. Being the only ones close enough to it, sheridan realizes what he has to do. And the look boxleitner/sheridan gives still gives me goosebumps. The look shows that he knows what he has to do but part of him wants to hold back. And for that brief moment hes torn between doing what he knows must be done and what hes asked of others or hoping someone else will come to the rescue. My favorite expression because in my mind it sums up sheridan very nicely and all in one look.

So what are some your favorites?

How about the looks exchanged between Sheriden and Ivanova, whilst she lies dying on a Minbari bed, just after she has asked him if she is "going to make it..." He, again, has that 'don't-want-to-tell-but-I-must' look, like he knows that he has to but it is at great personal cost....that tragic smile. Fine acting all round in that sequence Bruce, Claudia, Jason, Mira, all of them!
    http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
    Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
    47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Delenn looking up at G'Kar after she's told him about having known about the Shadows long before his world was bombed by the Centauri. Knowing he had every right to hate her but hoping for his forgiveness when he reacts differently from what she'd expected. You get the feel for what a terrible burden the knowledge has been for her all this time.

And then G'Kar's look at her as he says "Someday, perhaps. But not today." Sad and bitter and resigned...<shiver>

Jan
      Last edited by Jan; 10-24-2005, 04:01 PM.
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

The look on Londo's face when the Centauri are bombing Centauri Prime. It sent shivers down my spine at the time, and still does. His realisation of what was happening. The Sadness in his eyes.

Comment

That has to be one of the all time greats, I agree. Sadness, horror, regret... <shiver>

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
            Delenn looking up at G'Kar after she's told him about having known about the Shadows long before his world was bombed by the Centauri. Knowing he had every right to hate her but hoping for his forgiveness when he reacts differently from what she'd expected. You get the feel for what a terrible burden the knowledge has been for her all this time.

And then G'Kar's look at her as he says "Someday, perhaps. But not today." Sad and bitter and resigned...<shiver>
            Agreed. Probably my favorite scene in the whole series.

Though the looks on the faces of the Observation Deck crew as Ivanova launches into the "Ivanova is god" speech is pretty good, especially as she turns around and they try to look innocent.
            I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Londo when he see Narn being bombed back to the Stone Age. You can just feel how he realizes that everything is spiraling out of control.
              "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

Londo, after G'kar had joined him at the bar for a drink to toast a new united stand between their two worlds.
                Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Jan, that G'Kar and Delenn scene from "Ship of Tears" is probably my favorite in the whole series, too. Andreas and Mira did such an incredible job, I sometimes have to remember to breathe while watching it.

Comment

There are just so many. A lot of my favorites are already here, but I thought I'd throw out a funny one that sticks with me. In "And Now for a Word" when Corwin is being interviewed with Ivanova in the background and he looks over his shoulder at her after answering. Always makes me chuckle.
                    "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

How about when Sheridan goes up against Kosh for the first time, to try and get him to take a military stand in the war, and Kosh just throws him around...The way Bruce's tone goes from a respectful request, to incredulity and finaly to amazed rage and (with a look that could wipe out a small country) delivers the line "Don't you turn your back on me, DON'T YOU DARE WALK AWAY FROM ME!!!" and "...hell, even my own government wants me dead..." with just the right balance of anger and desperation - good scene, and Kosh is lighted so darkly that he actually really does look very sinister indeed.
                      Last edited by DGTWoodward; 10-26-2005, 02:51 PM.
                      http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                      Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                      47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

In my most recent "through the series", I just watched "Deconstruction of Falling Stars". I absolutely LOVED the look of shame on the talking heads faces as Delenn reproached them.

Not regular characters, true, but a priceless moment, nonetheless.
                        "Ivanova is God!"

Comment

There are just so many. A lot of my favorites are already here, but I thought I'd throw out a funny one that sticks with me. In "And Now for a Word" when Corwin is being interviewed with Ivanova in the background and he looks over his shoulder at her after answering. Always makes me chuckle.
                          Yeah, yall are a good influence on me .. I'm watching my taped epsiodes again .. first time in years, anyway.

Corwin can have some "funny-stick-out" looks. I just watched the episode where Ivanova asks him to come to her quarters so that she can have a conversation with him to check him out to see if he should be brought into the "Circle of Light". Anyway, he brings flowers to her quarters, not knowing what to expect by being invited there. And between his looks, and what Ivanova does when she gets the flowers makes for a real priceless scene.
                          Last edited by Nacho; 10-27-2005, 11:24 AM.

Comment

In "A Late Delivery From Avalon" when G'Kar decides to join Arthur in his fight in Down Below.

Comment

Also in "A Late Delivery..." when Delenn accepts the sword from 'Arthur'. Her look at him is so full of acceptance and forgiveness...it's one of those wonderful wordless scenes that speak volumes.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X