Babylon 5 Disrespected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan
    Sure, other prime time shows used arcs, some successfully. But did any use multi-year arcs as B5 did? Did any of them show exactly what was going to happen and then make us happy to go along for the ride to find out why it happened and how it got to that point? And did any of them have a planned ending and stick to it?

Yeah, there's a certain amount of pride among those of us who 'got it' but it has nothing to do with superiority over others, simply with self-satisfaction. JMS gave us a show that required us to invest some time, that rewarded thinking and challenged some of our preconceptions and kept a sense of wonder alive. We found the show, most of us on our own, and we saw and appreciated what he was doing.

JMS writes stories that remind us that we're 'better than we think and nobler than we know' and that give us something to strive for. If it makes me a 'snob' to seek out those stories rather than some 'reality' show that glorifies backstabbing and treachery...so be it. I'll wear that badge proudly.

Jan
    Right on! You expressed my point of view exactly! Thank you!
    What a sad thing you are! Unable to answer even such a simple question without falling back on references and genealogies and what other people call you! Have you nothing of your own? Nothing to stand on that is not provided, defined, delineated, stamped, sanctioned, numbered and approved by others? How can you be expected to fight for someone else, when you haven't the fairest idea who you are?

"Comes The Inquisitor"

Comment

Originally posted by white_star25
      Right on! You expressed my point of view exactly! Thank you!
      Thanks. My, I was on a tear that day, wasn't I?

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
      X