Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radhil
    replied
    Oddly enough, I think it may be a mistake.... or that for some reason, they had to reassemble most of the episodes, and just used whatever stock opening footage they had.

I remember reading on the omniscient Lurker's that Claudia had to be removed from the credits of Deconstruction of Falling Stars, since she had left the show for season 5, the ep was shot on season 5's contracts, and because it would have triggered fees and such.

Yet, on the DVDs, the credits are the same as they've seemingly always been. I also remember similar "errors?" with Delenn (who was still in her chrysalis, and wasn't being shown to hold the suprise) at the beginning of season 2...

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Originally posted by Omega
    how the original shows portrayed it.
    That's NOT how it was originally aired, as my post above states. I have the tapes of the grand majority of the series from their original airings, although some are from reruns, but *all* of them list Zack as Security Chief and Garibaldi as simply Michael Garibaldi, starting with Illusion of Truth. You can also find the same information reaffirmed on Lurker's Guide and a variety of other places...

Which is why I brought this up in the first place, to see if anyone else noticed it, because I've never seen it, retail tape, rerun or otherwise, have this error before.

Leave a comment:

• Omega
    replied
    I don't think it's so much a mistake as simply being consistent with how we see the characters in the story.

I've no doubt that perhaps this detail was debated in the past when the shows were actually being put together! It's not a mistake in the DVDs, that's how the original shows portrayed it.
    The simple debate being: "How much would we be giving away in story and plot by altering who they were in the credits?"

Personally, I have no problems having the credits remain the same, because those are the characters we are used to having them as...Despite the changes they may be going through.

Last, but not least...I think you can just assume they get away with it because the rule is, you don't change your intro credits mid-season? That's who they were at the start, and who they are afterwards is reflected in the next.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    started a topic Season 4 DVD Goof

Season 4 DVD Goof

I *just* noticed for the first time, about 10 seconds ago, that the Season 4 intro title on the DVD set is incorrect for about 15 of the 22 episodes; they don't include the correct version listing Zack as the Security Chief and Garibaldi as just a regular citizen.

Anyone else notice this or am I the only slow one? Seems like a really weird mistake to make, since all of the original broadcasts were correct. Course then again they keep on misprinting the cast listing in the little pamplet with the DVD box, listing Ivanova still as a Lt. Cmdr ;P
Working...
X