Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 Superbox

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Laiden
    I knew that after the first reply
    Why, thank you

    Comment


    • #17
      So... remember the discussion we had about the final design of the Superbox? Goldkanal.de has now got a picture of it. It is really looking great - actually great enough to make me think about buying it. Check it out:
      http://www.goldkanal.de/news/viewnew...goldkanal.html

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by cornholio1980
        So... remember the discussion we had about the final design of the Superbox? Goldkanal.de has now got a picture of it. It is really looking great - actually great enough to make me think about buying it. Check it out:
        http://www.goldkanal.de/news/viewnew...goldkanal.html
        Woa that really looks cool, Cornholio ! I have preordered it already anyway - at amazon.de - 165 Euro! Babylon 5 is the greateast epos I have ever seen, so I think that's really worth it!

        Comment


        • #19
          It's very nice looking. One thing to remember, though...if the Crusade disks are a new pressing, by JMS's agreement with WB, they shouldn't have his commentary on them.

          Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jan
            It's very nice looking. One thing to remember, though...if the Crusade disks are a new pressing, by JMS's agreement with WB, they shouldn't have his commentary on them.

            Jan
            Crusade isn't included in that boxset anyway! There are the five seasons and the movies including "legend of the rangers"! Crusade was released at the end of august in Germany, so there already was no notorious JMS audio comment about what happened to Crusade on it.

            I can't wait to get the superbox, I'm going to watch Babylon 5 once again then !

            Comment


            • #21
              Unfortunately, as far as we know, the german superbox will not include Crusade, contrary to the UK-set. Still, even IF they would include Crusade I'm pretty sure it would also feature the JMS commentary, since Crusade has only been released in the german area about 2 months ago and his commentary was still on the disk.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by cornholio1980
                Unfortunately, as far as we know, the german superbox will not include Crusade, contrary to the UK-set. Still, even IF they would include Crusade I'm pretty sure it would also feature the JMS commentary, since Crusade has only been released in the german area about 2 months ago and his commentary was still on the disk.
                I thought you mean the notorious comment in which JMS told the truth about Crusade or so...that one wasn't on the German crusade box!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Griffin
                  I thought you mean the notorious comment in which JMS told the truth about Crusade or so...that one wasn't on the German crusade box!
                  That wasn't on ANY set, which was the issue. JMS told what happened in the beginning of his commentary. When the set came out, he found that they'd swapped out those comments for something he'd said in the on-camera part interview instead. He was pissed, to put it mildly. WB agreed that future pressings of the DVDs would delete the commentary completely since the agreement for JMS to do the it was that they use all of it or none of it. From the sounds of things, I have to wonder if they've broken *that* agreement, too.

                  Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Jan
                    From the sounds of things, I have to wonder if they've broken *that* agreement, too.
                    They seem to have done so at least for the european market, yes. And I have to admit, as much as I can understand JMS POV in that matter, I'm quite happy that they did. Even censored his commentary gives some nice insights in the production of the series, which I'm glad I didn't miss...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by cornholio1980
                      So... remember the discussion we had about the final design of the Superbox? Goldkanal.de has now got a picture of it. It is really looking great - actually great enough to make me think about buying it. Check it out:
                      http://www.goldkanal.de/news/viewnew...goldkanal.html
                      Keine Nachricht zu dieser ID gefunden.!!

                      Apparently they updated the page and in the process gave it a new URL
                      http://www.goldkanal.de/news/viewnew...goldkanal.html
                      It looks great, but I can't get to see the large image...

                      I wish I could buy one of those superboxes... but my budget is like that from the EA to build B5 and I have no Minbari to provide the remainder, not to mention that I wouldn't like them to impose a commander as a condition to fund, even if that meant the universe would fall into the shadows.

                      Hope the Brits and the Krauts enjoy their respective box sets.
                      And maybe if one day there is a USA version I will be able to get it.
                      Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                      James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I just get an error message in that Hun language.
                        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Griffin
                          I think "I love Lyta" understood it that way: "and someone from the UK or the US or from anywhere else except Germany"
                          and then "Austria and Switzerland may not really be interested in the german superbox.
                          Yeah, that's exactly what happened. When I just re-read the post it dawned on me that I lost the context. Oh well...

                          Btw, the box set looks really nice. Still my TV has priority.
                          What's up Drakh?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
                            Hope the Brits and the Krauts enjoy their respective box sets.
                            Still think that so far this particular set is just for the German (+Austrian, Switzerland) market. There had been a workshop in Germany for this product.
                            The set that's going to be released in the UK soon, is different and I'd say less beautiful. No guarantee on that, but that's what I see at amazon, read in the internet and conclude afterwards.

                            Originally posted by I love Lyta
                            Yeah, that's exactly what happened. When I just re-read the post it dawned on me that I lost the context. Oh well...
                            I'm good in interpreting and explaining the actions and comments of others !

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Wow, that set is excellent!

                              The UK set is indeed rather fugly by comparion...

                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...479133-6110800

                              By workshop, do you mean that German fans were consulted?? As if that would happen in the UK...
                              "Books and ideas are the most effective weapons against intolerance and ignorance."
                              -- Lyndon Baines Johnson, February 11, 1964

                              -- "Gun's don't kill people, rappers do" The GLC

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Darth_librarian
                                By workshop, do you mean that German fans were consulted??
                                Yes, there was a meeting (which unfortunately I wasn't able to attend) with the B5-fans were they talked about the Superbox, especially the packaging, the addition of LOTR to the movie set, the dropping of the shitty "Spacecenter" in the title etc. It really was the first time that you got the impression that Warner Germany actually cares about the fans.

                                Now if they really corrected the fault with the wrong intro on "The Corps is Mother, the Corps is father", I may actually end up buying it. Just a REALLY nice looking box...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X