Babylon 5 Superbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon 5 Superbox

Do you actually know that there is an exclusive Babylon 5 superbox going to be released in Germany in November?

I informed myself at Warner.de about it (because I didn't find new information in the Internet about it) and got an exclusive (lol) answer that I posted at my new Babylon 5 site http://soulstravel.kilu.de (I keep updating it, so don't blame me because it isn't that big at the moment). The answer is just in German ! Well anyway, the Superbox is going to have a new design - there even was a workshop with German fans this summer. It's going to be a metallic box and a complete new silver design in it (I think quite special) with the back of the boxes showing the station and so on, you can also expect an extended handbook, b5-basecap, posters, legend of the rangers even sychronized, all former dvd faults corrected, etc. ! Well I will buy it although I already have all the boxes and films, but I think it's going to be worth it!

Here also a first picture of it

and here the possibilty to preorder it:
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...587175-5251714
    Last edited by Griffin; 10-16-2005, 09:03 AM.

Originally posted by Griffin
    Do you actually know that there is an exclusive Babylon 5 superbox going to be released in Germany in November?
    Well, I don't know if it's known HERE, because it will only be interesting to german B5-Fans, and this forum might not be the No. 1 meeting place for them, but... yes, in the german B5-Fandom it's rather well-known, as it has been discussed in all of the bigger german B5-forums and fan-sites as well as big DVD-release-webpages like areadvd.de.

and got an exclusive (lol) answer that I posted at my new Babylon 5 site http://soulstravel.funpic.de
    Is it possible that you're exxagerating a little bit to raise interest for your site?

legend of the rangers even sychronized,
    I guess you mean dubbed . But yes, apart from the posters and the new and better packaging, that is probably the biggest advantage of the new release.

all former dvd faults corrected, etc.
    Careful... don't make any promises that Warner Germany won't fulfill. They stated that they will try to correct SOME faults, but I think that they only mean including the revised discs 4 of the S1-box set and disc 5 of the S5 box set, and that they will NOT correct any further mistakes (well, if we're extremely lucky, they may correct the intro on "The Psi Corps is Mother, the Psi Corps is Father", but apart from that, I don't expect them to fix anything else.).

You should also note that a similar box will be released in England, which will also include Crusade...

Comment

Originally posted by cornholio1980
      Is it possible that you're exxagerating a little bit to raise interest for your site?
      No I don't think so! Well I did put an ironic "lol" behind "exclusive" AND actually it is indeed exclusive, I mean I asked and I got the answer. I read myself through the German forums and all infos I could google and didn't find any new infos since the beginning of september.
      So the infos I got from Carolin's answer seemed quite new to me now. I didn't know of the silver packaging inside the metallic box and that the backs of the boxes will show the Babylon 5 picture, then I also didn't find the info of the basecap thing in any forum.

Anyway, can't I post a link of my page into my comment? I mean it does have something to do with Babylon 5 - it IS a page that is about B5, not off-topic. And I even said "I keep updating it, so don't blame me because it isn't that big at the moment" ....so I wasn't exaggerating at all.

I guess you mean dubbed . But yes, apart from the posters and the new and better packaging, that is probably the biggest advantage of the new release.
      Thanks for correcting me, but you know I'm from Germany - please don't start taking this as a challenge ...I do want to improve my English - always..., don't get me wrong...but I think you get the impression what I want to say.
      I think you used this correction to send me and my comment up.

Careful... don't make any promises that Warner Germany won't fulfill. They stated that they will try to correct SOME faults, but I think that they only mean including the revised discs 4 of the S1-box set and disc 5 of the S5 box set, and that they will NOT correct any further mistakes (well, if we're extremely lucky, they may correct the intro on "The Psi Corps is Mother, the Psi Corps is Father", but apart from that, I don't expect them to fix anything else.).
      I don't find myself in a state where I could acidentially promise something O_o , I mean this is a forum, nobody gives a guarantee that everything one writes is 100% correct. What I CAN say is that Carolin wrote me that indeed the dvds got revised and that probably faults are corrected. So you can't blame me that I am positiv-thinking.

You should also note that a similar box will be released in England, which will also include Crusade...
      The Uk box does include Crusade yes, but there wasn't a workshop in the UK (for what I know) and I think you can see just by looking at the photos at amazon that the German box is somehow a little more special !
      Last edited by Griffin; 10-11-2005, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Ahm... I already answered to this post twice... the first time my computer decided to restart, the second time I submitted my reply, but it seems something didn't work out, since it doesn't show up here. So if my answer seems a little short, please excuse. Furthermore, if I seem a little cranky, it's just because of the PC problems and has nothing to do with you, ok?

Anyway, can't I post a link of my page into my comment? I mean it does have something to do with Babylon 5 - it IS a page that is about B5, not off-topic.
        Relax. Of course it's ok, I just got the impression that you try to raise interest via exxagerating just a little bit - nothing bad about it, and as I said, it was just my impression and not an allegation.

And btw, I think your site is quite nice

Thanks for correcting me, but you know I'm from Germany - please don't start taking this as a challenge ...I do want to improve my English - always..., don't get me wrong...but I think you get the impression what I want to say. I think you used this correction to send me and my comment up.
        No! That's definitely what I wanted to do, sorry. It's just... while it was quite clear for me what you meant, it may not be for someone who's not speaking german, and to prevent any possible confusion, I decided to correct you. That's all.

I don't find myself in a state where I could acidentially promise something O_o , I mean this is a forum, nobody gives a guarantee that everything one writes is 100% correct.
        True, but the way you wrote it one could get the impression that it's a given that Warner Germany will fix all the errors, which could mislead some people, even make them buy the new set even if they already have the whole series just because they expect all the mistakes to be fixed... and then they might become angry, and I just wanted to prevent that

The Uk box does include Crusade yes, but there wasn't a workshop in the UK (for what I know) and I think you can see just by looking at the photos at amazon that the German box is somehow a little more special !
        I would be careful with the picture on amazon.de. The description of the box that you posted on your homepage doesn't really match their picture, so I would say it's just temporary and not the final design yet. That's why I would suggest to wait until both boxes are released and to then compare the artwork...

Comment

Furthermore, if I seem a little cranky,[...]
          I noticed that .

And btw, I think your site is quite nice
          Uh, thanX for the flowers !

I would be careful with the picture on amazon.de. The description of the box that you posted on your homepage doesn't really match their picture, so I would say it's just temporary and not the final design yet. That's why I would suggest to wait until both boxes are released and to then compare the artwork...
          Well I asked Carolin (if you read it carefully) if there are just the normal boxes in the metalic box and on that question she answered me that there are new silver boxes in it. So there is this box and IN that box are the silver boxes !

So I don't see a reason why the picture at amazon.de would be a fake and don't forget it's just ~1 month left till the release, so I think that must be the final design ^^!

....hm...
          somehow I get the impression that just the both of us are posting into this thread ...you could almost get the impression that we are at feud !
          Last edited by Griffin; 10-12-2005, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I noticed that .
            Heeeey.... Sorry. If it helps: I'm feeling better now

Well I asked Carolin (if you read it carefully) if there are just the normal boxes in the metalic box and on that question she answered me that there are new silver boxes in it. So there is this box and IN that box are the silver boxes !
            Ah! I see... somehow I misunderstood that. Well then yes, it's definitely possible that the picture on amazon.de is the final design of the *outer* metallic box.

somehow I get the impression that just the both of us are posting into this thread ...you could almost get the impression that we are at feud !
            Feud? Nah... . But it's like I said, this forum is not the main meeting place for german B5-fans, and someone from the UK or the US or from anywhere else except Germany, Austria and Switzerland may not really be interested in the german superbox. Thus we're the only one discussing it at the moment.

Comment

But it's like I said, this forum is not the main meeting place for german B5-fans, and someone from the UK or the US or from anywhere else except Germany, Austria and Switzerland may not really be interested in the german superbox. Thus we're the only one discussing it at the moment.
              Yeah I know, but still, if it was a special UK box or US box, I would be interested, too! I mean it's about Babylon 5 ...that must be interesting !

Comment

"Austria and Switzerland may not really be interested in the german superbox. "

Warum sollten sie das nicht sein?
                Still I for one wont purchase it either. Need all the money I can save for a 42" LCD TV set.
                Last edited by I love Lyta; 10-12-2005, 02:41 AM.
                What's up Drakh?

Comment

Originally posted by I love Lyta
                  "Austria and Switzerland may not really be interested in the german superbox. "

Warum sollten sie das nicht sein?
                  Still I for one wont purchase it either. Need all the money I can save for a 42" LCD TV set.
                  I think it was a typo of Cornholio1980. He actually meant that Uk and Us fans aren't interested! He himself is from Austrian I think . So that wouldn't make sense then. And by the way the superbox is going to be released in Austria too I think!

Comment

Was it really a typo? I wrote
                    or from anywhere else except Germany, Austria and Switzerland
                    As to the question "Why"... well, it's my personal experience that B5-fans that don't live in those countries and therefore don't rely on the german dubbing seem to prefer the original (english) packaging...

Comment

Was it really a typo? I wrote
                      I think "I love Lyta" understood it that way: "and someone from the UK or the US or from anywhere else except Germany"
                      and then "Austria and Switzerland may not really be interested in the german superbox. Thus we're the only one discussing it at the moment."...a misunderstanding about the comma !

Somehow this thread is just leading into arguments, corrections and misunderstandings!
                      I shouldn't have started it in the first place !
                      Last edited by Griffin; 10-12-2005, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Somehow this thread is just leading into arguments, corrections and misunderstandings!
                        I shouldn't have started it in the first place !
                        I knew that after the first reply . . . I wish we had some kind of "SUPERBOX" . . . I may just make my own however . . . little bit of posterboard, a printer and some packaging tape go a long way
                        "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

Originally posted by Laiden
                          I knew that after the first reply . . . I wish we had some kind of "SUPERBOX" . . . I may just make my own however . . . little bit of posterboard, a printer and some packaging tape go a long way
                          Envy is going to be the next big problem in this thread...! Great maker, forgive me !

Comment

Great maker, forgive me !
                            Sorry, Griffin, he doesn't post here....

Jan
                            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                              Sorry, Griffin, he doesn't post here....

Jan
                              ! .... !

Lol !

Comment

Working...
                              X