Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rampant Irresponsible Speculation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    colonyearth
    Confirmed User

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by circularREASON
    more........open quoteI

GNFF: What do you think is the lasting legacy of B5?

JMS: The creation of the five-year arc, and a story that has touched millions of people around the world in ways that in many cases actually changed their lives. It's a story that says the average person has power, that we CAN fight city hall and win, that one person CAN make a difference, and in a society and a culture that marginalizes and trivializes and factionalizes us, I think that's a desperately important lesson.

IGNFF: What is the future of the B5 universe?

JMS: Wait about a month and you'll find out. The clue is in the opposite of can't.

close quote..

there is a persistant emphasis of 'CAN'

wot do u think peeps?
    CR, there is a thread already going about this one. Let's talk about it there.

Leave a comment:

• RCmodeler
    Confirmed User

• RCmodeler
    replied
    Originally posted by CRONAN
    none of my earlier posts were meant to be taken seriously. There was no real reasoning behind the remarks.....
    Dat's fer shure.
    If there was reasoning, you'd know not to post such insults.

Freedom of speech is a great thing, though it has its limits. Obscenities, discrimination, and other offensive remarks often go far beyond these limits. Gays aren't any less exempted from this any more than straights are.
    Not excusable. All he said was that he was gay and proud of it. There's nothing even remotely offensive about that.

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    Confirmed User

• CRONAN
    replied
    Interesting. I post on the same day as the last comment on the thread, and I'm dredging up an old argument. On the "ATTN moderators" thread, you respond with a provocative comment two weeks after the last comment on the thread, and somehow that's ok? One rule for me and one rule for you? Bit like your attitude to straights and gays when you come to think about it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, as I've already stated, none of my earlier posts were meant to be taken seriously. There was no real reasoning behind the remarks, and, since the post was made in what was more or less an idle gossip thread, they certainly weren't out of place. And, if you'll read some of the responses, noone took any of the comments you quoted seriously. In any event, it was not my intent to provoke a neverending litany of impassioned, politiicly correct statements....

Freedom of speech is a great thing, though it has its limits. Obscenities, discrimination, and other offensive remarks often go far beyond these limits. Gays aren't any less exempted from this any more than straights are.

I've already stated my position on racism, so i'll appreciate it if you would refrain from putting words in my mouth....

Though by all means, if anyone feels this thread of discussion is worth pursuing, feel free.....
    CRONAN
    Confirmed User
    Last edited by CRONAN; 04-14-2004, 12:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• circularREASON
    Spoo Trader

• circularREASON
    replied
    more........open quoteI

GNFF: What do you think is the lasting legacy of B5?

JMS: The creation of the five-year arc, and a story that has touched millions of people around the world in ways that in many cases actually changed their lives. It's a story that says the average person has power, that we CAN fight city hall and win, that one person CAN make a difference, and in a society and a culture that marginalizes and trivializes and factionalizes us, I think that's a desperately important lesson.

JMS: Wait about a month and you'll find out. The clue is in the opposite of can't.

close quote..

there is a persistant emphasis of 'CAN'

wot do u think peeps?

Leave a comment:

• circularREASON
    Spoo Trader

• circularREASON
    replied
    HAVE U READ THIS!

this snippet was piched from a competing forum
    (b5TV)

if this is right we are I think on for the MOVIE!!

quote!

JMS: Wait about a month and you'll find out. The clue is in the opposite of can't

as in CANNES!

Leave a comment:

• circularREASON
    Spoo Trader

• circularREASON
    replied
    ABSOLUTELY!

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    Confirmed User

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by circularREASON
    Absolutely...

So what if your gay!

Personally it does not matter to me.

I'm straight but does that matter?

We are all B5 fans and that does matter!!!!!!!
    Two more gracious men to thank. By the goddess, you are both such sweet souls, CR and RC.

Funny, how those two have the same short hand letters only reversed. Is this some conspiracy of "r" and "c" we don't know about?

And Omaha! Shame on you to think I would not respect a str8 man enough and try to turn him. Besides, unlike Cronan seems to think, it's not something you simply decide to choose one day...it's something you're born to be.

::singing:: "Born to be [queeeerrrrr]!"

And who cares if I give a str8 boy a little thank you smooch. There is only friendship behind it.

Leave a comment:

• RCmodeler
    Confirmed User

• RCmodeler
    replied
    Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OH MY GOD. And i STILL cant get that awful taste out of my mouth.... Colony its okay to be gay, but its NOT WISE to advertise. make it stop, PLZ make the awful images STOP

Cronan's bigoted intolerance for colony's right to free speech is more sickening than any amount of "gay-ness"

Troy (who enjoys gay-ness when it involves two women...Talia & Ivanova) ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    Confirmed User

• Doktor
    replied
    And Doctor, thank you for thoughtlessly dredging up an already dead argument
    Interesting. I post on the same day as the last comment on the thread, and I'm dredging up an old argument. On the "ATTN moderators" thread, you respond with a provocative comment two weeks after the last comment on the thread, and somehow that's ok? One rule for me and one rule for you? Bit like your attitude to straights and gays when you come to think about it.

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    Confirmed User

• CRONAN
    replied
    Harsh statements are made in any argument. Certainly no one here has apologized for those directed at me so I see no need to apologize for mine, simply because they are directed at gays.

Yes, I am new here; if I see something offensive, I will respond to it.

People, I'm not calling anyone's lifestyle ''wrong'' in any way. I already stated the issue as I saw it in my last post.

That said, this discussion is already long dead, so I'm more than happy to leave it behind
    CRONAN
    Confirmed User
    Last edited by CRONAN; 04-12-2004, 03:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    ISN Anchor

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by colonyearth
    ::BIIIIIGGGGG SMOOCH!!!::
    *grumble grumble* Sure, smoochie with the straight boys. Damn slut!

Leave a comment:

• circularREASON
    Spoo Trader

• circularREASON
    replied
    Absolutely...

So what if your gay!

Personally it does not matter to me.

I'm straight but does that matter?

We are all B5 fans and that does matter!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    Confirmed User

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor
    What do you mean by "blatantly parading" exactly? Are you talking about a little innuendo and.... ummmm..... colony alluding to the fact he's gay? My god... how corrupt and selfish of him!

This hetro guy is quite happy to see gay guys "parade" their sexuality as much as they like. Keep outta that closet, colony. I can't fucking abide homophobes.
    ::BIIIIIGGGGG SMOOCH!!!:: Thanks Doktor and Kevin! You're both dolls and gentlemen. If only the world were populated by more straight people like you, perhaps it would be a nicer and kinder world to live in.

Wow, imagine, kind and non-judgmental straight people and fabulous gay folk everywhere! Why the world would be both beautiful on the inside and gorgeous on the outside!

And don't worry, Doktor, no one can or will ever drive me into a closet again or make me feel like I can't be myself and proud. It is Cronan I pitty.

If people don't like who I am, that's their frelling problem, not mine.

And BTW, I've become pretty damn fond of all of you as well, even ZHDD Really, thank you, it means a great deal.
    colonyearth
    Confirmed User
    Last edited by colonyearth; 04-12-2004, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    Confirmed User

• Kevin
    replied
    I think you're going to find most people here consider your comments about colonyearth much more inapproproiate then anything colonyearth said.

I'm really not trying to be rude, and I really don't wanna come off as harsh as you are a B5 fan and do have good input about B5 subjects here, but coloneyearth's been here for awhile and we're pretty fond of him and his silly comments, and I can say that quite comfortably as a heterosexual male.

Anyways, my point is that I'd drop this whole thing... we're all friends here and we don't take lightly to someone calling another one's lifestyle "gross".

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    Confirmed User

• CRONAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor
    What do you mean by "blatantly parading" exactly? Are you talking about a little innuendo and.... ummmm..... colony alluding to the fact he's gay? My god... how corrupt and selfish of him!

This hetro guy is quite happy to see gay guys "parade" their sexuality as much as they like. Keep outta that closet, colony. I can't fucking abide homophobes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And Doctor, thank you for thoughtlessly dredging up an already dead argument.

Secondly, since you seem to be having trouble with the big words in the posting, I'll spell it out for you. Very. Slowly.

First here is the statement I was indirectly refering to.....

''Did I go sleep walking and have sex with another total stranger again! And if so....I've been told I taste quite good''

''...and my comment was not even necessarily lewd unless you have a particularly dirty mind''

Now the comment youre refering to:

One would think being openly gay would not automatically grant the individual license to blatantly parade their sexual pastimes in view of the public, however ''vague''.

Colony's opinion was that his statements were inappropriate only if the reader interpreted them that way. Here i gave an example,that left little or no room for interpretation.

The point implied here was that it is not considerate to others in this forum to post vulgar,explicit remarks that may or may not be appreciated.
    CRONAN
    Confirmed User
    Last edited by CRONAN; 04-12-2004, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X